Sunday, April 3, 2022

Thoughts on unconditional love

 Unconditional Love


When we freely allow fear to dominate and change us, we live in misery far from our home of unconditional love.
 
Meanwhile Jesus, our example, says to the disciples and to us, "Don't be afraid. Perfect love casts out fear." He walked freely, lived freely, and carried on an intimate relationship with the One who sent him into the world. 
  
Throughout the nights or early mornings Jesus spent time communing with the One who loved him. Among his last words he tells us, "As the Father has loved me, so I also love you. . . If you keep my word, the Father and I will come to you and we will make our home in you. . . I will send you my Spirit, who will dwell with you forever, and will remind you of all I have said to you."

Jesus came to convince us that Our Maker's love is pure gift, unearned and free. We are free to relate with the Source of all life or not. A great love embraces all the love that you and I have ever known, from father, mother, spouses, brothers, sisters, children, teachers, friends, partners, or counselors.
 
Welcoming unconditional love automatically makes us more like the Unconditional Lover. Divine love lasts forever.

Henri Nouwen


No comments: