Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Prayer for a new year


By Debbie Ford

Dear God,

On this day I ask You to grant this request,
May I know who I am and what I am,
Every moment of every day.

May I be a catalyst for light and love,
And bring inspiration to those whose eyes I meet.

May I have the strength to stand tall in the face of conflict,
And the courage to speak my voice, even when I'm scared.

May I have the humility to follow my heart,
And the passion to live my soul's desires.

May I seek to know the highest truth
And dismiss the gravitational pull of my lower self.

May I embrace and love the totality of myself,
My darkness as well as my light.

May I be brave enough to hear my heart,
To let it soften so that I may gracefully
Choose faith over fear.

Today is my day to surrender anything that stands
Between the sacredness of my humanity and my divinity.

May I be drenched in my Holiness
And engulfed by Your love.

May all else melt away.

And so it is.

No comments: