Saturday, January 9, 2010

Climate Change

In a world where we must constantly keep making sure that we do not offend anyone, someone decided that we must now call Global Warming, Climate Change. Now, I'm not sure who exactly would be offended by the term, global warming, but I hope that anyone who did feels better now that everyone must now say, climate change. Since I have not really wanted to make my blog a political forum, my take on climate change is this: the climate is always changing where I live in the Midwest (Missouri to be exact). We have four seasons which sometimes seem to last longer than necessary. Winter is a prime example of a season that can last too long. As I get older I understand more and more why my dad complained about the winter. Now don't get me wrong, I love snow and especially snow skiing, but when the temperatures drop below 20 degrees, it's just too cold for me. And as a motorcycle owner, any temperature below 40 degrees makes it too uncomfortable to ride and enjoy the open roads and fresh air. So as my Harley sits in the garage waiting for spring to come, or at least some unseasonably warm temperatures in the winter (hey, who would complain about that?), I will begin to count down the days until spring makes it's entrance. Let's hope that Punxsutawney Phil does not see his shadow!

No comments: