Tuesday, January 5, 2010

State of the Blog

I started this blog in November of 2008. Not knowing what to call it, I decided upon "Thoughts from Scott" to allow myself the freedom to talk about any subject I wanted. I began writing about politics, then current events mixed with family life, and finally money and financial topics. As a financial advisor, I guess it was only natural that I landed on this topic. I see a lot of mistakes people make with their portfolios when they come in to transfer their account to me. I also read a lot of articles on investing that shows how little financial reporters know about investing. I like to point out the problems with these views and suggest other strategies to consider for the average investor. While I will continue doing this as long as it interests me, I have also thought about starting new topics of discussion. As a motorcycle owner, I have considered motorcycle riding and/or ownership as one new idea, or going back to more random discussion of current events and strange news articles that catches my eye. If you have some other ideas for me to write about, please comment with your thoughts. For now, I will continue to ponder the future direction of this blog. All I know is, it's cold outside!

No comments: