Wednesday, March 21, 2012

So now it's spring? It feels like summer!

Now that it is officially spring, many people have begun wondering, "if winter was this mild, how hot is it going to be this summer?" That's a fair question. Yesterday, not only did I ride my motorcycle to work, I had to mow the grass when I got home. I can't remember mowing the lawn this early in the year. With temperatures in the 80's in March, records are being set everyday around the country. Not too many people are complaining mind you...yet. Most people I know are happy it's spring. The grass is growing, trees and bushes are in bloom. Flowers are budding. Kids are playing outside. It's great! But times may change if the temps keep rising. Sure it's great when it's 80 degrees and you can wear short sleeves and short in March. But hey, this is America, people like to complain. The gas prices are too high! Will we have to turn the air conditioners on in April? What will happen to our electric bills? Well, I'm not going to worry about it yet. As a motorcyclist, I'm just happy that winter's over and it's warm enough to ride to work. And yes, it doesn't hurt that I get better gas mileage on my bike than in my car. Besides that, my team is still in the NCAA tournament and baseball season is set to start in less than two weeks! Welcome spring!

No comments: