Saturday, August 9, 2014

Dog Days of Summer?

This summer has been the best, weather wise, that I can ever remember in the midwest and I'm sure much of the good ole USA.  Here in Missouri where we can typically see temperatures in the high 90's and even low 100's in July and August, we have seemed to average more days in the low 80's this year.  Whether it's been caused by El Nino or the Polar Vortex, I'm not sure, but I'm also not complaining.  While I enjoy living in a four season part of the country, suffering through a 98 degree day in late July can be unsettling.  Coupled with the high humidity that usually comes along for the ride, it can be downright uncomfortable for weeks at a time.  So I will enjoy this mild weather as long as it lasts.  As Mark Twain once said, if you don't like Missouri weather, just wait 5 minutes.  Fall will be here before you know it.  Kids will be going back to school next week and football season is right around the corner.  Enjoy the enjoyment as they say!  Get outside and spend some time in the fresh air.  This is great weather for motorcyclists as well, so look twice and share the road!

No comments: