Saturday, November 7, 2015

No Shave November

My Managing Director sent out an e-mail the other day saying that our office was going to participate in a "No Shave November" beard growing contest to help and support people suffering from cancer.  Now, I haven't had a beard or goatee in over a decade, so it's not something I would have decided to do on my own, but since our office and entire agency is supporting this cause, I thought it might be fun to participate.  My wife was not thrilled with the idea when I informed her of my intentions, but she knows I am a team player and like to participate in contests and competitions of all kinds.  Now, I don't seriously expect to win this office beard growing contest, as my beard growth, from the couple of times I tried it in the past, is fairly thin and patchy.  My best bet is to grow another goatee and see what happens.  I used to have a goatee, like I said, over 10 years ago and I thought I looked pretty good with it at the time.  My wife said it made me look mean, but I thought it gave me a distinguished look and perhaps made me look smarter, if that's possible.  Anyway, this time around, I expect that my goatee will come in gray like most of the hair on top of my head.  Perhaps it will be a good look for the holidays this year.  At any rate, it can always be shaved off at the beginning of December if it looks really bad.  So far, I just enjoy not having to shave for a while.  For those of you who would like to learn more about the No Shave cause, please check out my page and consider donating:  Scott's No Shave November.

No comments: