Friday, January 19, 2018

Get yourself to Jesus


There's a story in the New Testament about a man who brought his demon-possessed son to Jesus. The demon would throw his son into dangerous convulsions, and the man was at a loss as to what to do. "Have mercy on us and help us, if you can," he said to Jesus. To which Jesus replied, "What do you mean, 'If I can?' Anything is possible if a person believes." The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:22-24) Now that's an honest response. I believe, but with only part of me. I am not wholehearted about this. I believe, but I'm going to need help with my unbelief." 

Well, Jesus indeed helped him with his unbelief; He healed the boy. He drove out the demon. God helped the man believe. He demonstrated His power. That's all we're asking of you here - that you believe God could save you. He could restore you. The man had doubts but he had enough belief to get himself to Jesus anyway. Get yourself to Jesus. That's all we're asking. If you believe God could help you, well you're halfway there. That's the second step.

Do you believe that God can help you? 

John Fischer

No comments: