Friday, November 7, 2014

Wake Up

Do you have a morning routine?  I think most people probably do.  People tend to do the same things each and every day to get their day started.  Maybe you walk the dog or feed the cats.  If you're like me, the first stop is getting the coffee made!  I really can't function without a cup of coffee in the morning.  Ok, I probably could, but I wouldn't like it.  There have been a few times, few and far between thank goodness, when I realize that we are out of coffee.  Now that is a scary situation.  I hate when that happens.  So once you get the basics down, then what?  Many people read the newspaper, or check their e-mail.  Some people read the Bible or do some kind of a daily devotional. Many Catholics will pray the Rosary or the Devine Mercy Chaplet.  These are all good things.  This past summer, once school ended for the kids, I started going to the 6:30 AM morning Mass.  This has become my new "day starter".  It really gets me centered on God and Jesus for the beginning of the day.  Hearing and responding to the Word of the Lord (The Bible), praying and reflecting on God's Word, and of course, receiving the Eucharist (Holy Communion).  I really enjoy the simplicity and the solitude of the morning Mass.  It has become part of my morning routine (right after my first cup of coffee).  I even continued to go when school started again in the fall.  Yes, I still manage to get all my kids off to school on time.  I know that not everyone can attend a morning Mass because of their work schedules.  Most parishes in our area have two options, 6:30 and 8 AM.  If you can fit it into your schedule, please try and go, you'll be amazed how you feel afterwards.  So make God a part of your day, after all, who's more important than God?  You'll be glad you did, and so will He.

No comments: