Monday, November 17, 2008

92 days

Do you know what happens in 92 days from today? No, President Obama will already be in office and will have already penned a few executive orders by then. Give up? It's the day that analog TV will cease to exist. Poof! Only people who have digital TV's or are connected by cable or satellite TV will be able to continue watching their favorite TV shows or sporting events from the comfort of their home. Now one question I have is, who are these people who are not already connected to digital TV? My 80 year old mother-in-law has a dish so she can watch Fox News and her cooking shows. My 94 year old grandmother has cable TV so she can watch the Crystal Cathedral on Sunday mornings and any Funniest Home Video or blooper show whenever they're on. Even more curious is why does my local NBC affiliate care to remind me every night, how much longer we have until February 17, 2009 arrives. Do they really care that much about the 36 people left in the St. Louis viewing area that have not already made the switch? Do they have some sort of referral agreement with Best Buy? Are they that desparate for viewers that they are concerned about the possibility of losing another 0.0000001% market share? I just don't get it. If you have an answer or a comment then please share it with me at scott@scottwheeler.net or better yet become a follower to my daily blog? I'm trying to build my audience in case I ever need a new job. How much do bloggers make anyway?

No comments: