Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day after the Election

It was an exciting election night and it certainly came with a few surprises. I had predicted an upset, and although I was wrong on who would win (McCain), I was right in that it was a bigger margin of victory than expected. Obama won the electoral vote by nearly a 2 to 1 margin, although the popular vote was much closer. As McCain and George Bush did last night, I will have to offer my congratulations to Barack Obama for his decisive win and pledge my support for him as my next President come January 20, 2009. I certainly hope that he can follow through on his promises made during his campaign, and wish him the best as he attempts to change America into a country that is more accepted around the world. I do feel that once in office, he will begin to understand the enormous challenges that George Bush had during the past 8 years and particularly the past four. I am concerned now about the balance of power shifting to the democrats with their majority in both the House and Senate. I did find it interesting that the futures market this morning was predicting a down day in the stock market. Obama's choice as the next Treasury secretary will be very important.

No comments: