Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well, Election Day has finally arrived. This has been a very long campaign for both parties. I think they should make some rules as to how long someone can campaign for office. Two years seems kind of excessive to me. Today will be an exciting day. It has been over 40 years since a Presidential election has not had either a sitting President or sitting Vice-President running for office. Also, we could be witnessing the first black man winning the election in history. Today promises long lines to vote, but it will be worth the wait to cast my vote in this very important election. I think too much focus has been made on the economy. While it is certainly in a bad situation right now, the economy will improve over the next year as investor confidence is restored and consumer spending resumes. Foreign policy, energy, and health care, seem to be of great importance to me, and I will be casting my vote for the person with the better ideas to move forward in these areas over the next 4 years. I still think that the actual voting results will differ from the slanted polling predictions we have been hearing for weeks. We will see what happens as the day progresses!

No comments: