Thursday, May 21, 2009

The end of blogging?

A couple of article caught my attention yesterday and today.  First an article on Fortune magazine titled, Men are from Facebook, women are from Twitter?  Basically, this article discusses a recent study about how men and women use the internet for different things.  Not too shocking.  Men like video clips more than women.  Another one, Captain's Blog:  The end of blogging surmises that with the advent of Facebook and Twitter, that blogs are no longer relevant and have replaced blogs for content.  The author basically confesses that since he now posts so much on Facebook and Twitter during the day, that he doesn't have time for blogging anymore.  While I also use Facebook and Twitter, I do not feel that I can convey my thoughts on a particular subject within 140 characters.  I need more room to express how I feel about things.  So I will continue to blog.  I am even getting requests from people to link to my blog!  How cool is that?  Maybe there is a future in blogging!

No comments: