Monday, May 11, 2009

You get what you pay for!

People who like to have the latest technology at their finger tips are often the envy of their friends and colleagues, but many times they can be frustrated for buying something too soon before the bugs are worked out.  Computers, TV's, MP3's, phones, and other high tech gadgets can have problems that need to be refined by the manufacturers due to issues not discovered during product development.  Real life usage is the best way for companies to hear about problems.  If necessary, they will make improvements and improve the product for the next series.  This is why it is often best to wait to buy things that are new.  Wait for the 2nd or even 3rd generation to come out.  You will usually get a more stable product with less chances for unexpected surprises.  I am still using a 4th generation iPod.  Still works fine and I have lots of storage room left for music.  It does not play videos and is not the "touch" but it does what I bought it for, play music!  As interesting as I think it might be to have a Kindle, I have not had the desire to plunk down $300 plus for one.  Now they are coming out with generation 3 already, and some people who have the earlier models are upset, one CNBC Host in particular.  This is what you get for being a trailblazer!  My Dodge Durango still plays cassettes!  I haven't listened to my old Duran Duran tape in a while...

No comments: