Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is Twitter for real?

Ask a person on the street is they use Twitter and you might get a glazed look on their face.  Twitter?  What's that?  Or you might get a curt answer like, Twitter?  Who's got time for Twitter?
But if you were looking for a job and heard about someone who found a job using Twitter, you might check it out right?  That's what happened to Jen Harris.  Read her story here:


Now I'm no Ashton Kutcher, but I do have a Twitter account, @scottjwheeler or you can go to:


I also have a profile on Linked-In and of course, Facebook.  As a financial professional working for a regional bank in the St. Louis area, I have questioned my marketing department about what our bank is doing regarding establishing a presence in the social media or new media realm, and got the answer, "nothing".  But as I have discussed before, this is not an area to be a late adapter.  I just read an article this morning with a title that says it all:


Maybe they'll remember I told them so!  

No comments: