Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogging for dollars

After reading the following article on Pro-Bloggers:  Mythbusting the WSJ's Stats About Pro Bloggers, I decided to look into how I could make money by blogging.  Yesterday I wrote about how some bloggers are now getting some books deals.  That's one way bloggers can make money.  Another way is by advertising.  Ads on blogs are how, according to the article above, some bloggers make as much as $75,000 per year (although the median income is a reported $22,000).  So I have created an ad account with Adsense, a company that Blogspot uses for people looking to "monetize" their blogs by earning income off ads.  You will begin noticing some ads on my blog now and we'll see how much money starts to roll in!  With over 1700 clicks on my site so far, I'm sure I will be able to quit my day job soon!  I'll keep you posted when I get my first check.  This might be more fun that my Water Experiment.

1 comment:

Rich in Cincy said...

Good idea Scott... I am on that bandwagon already...