Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Downsized

Well, we need to report a State of the Blog today. We found out yesterday that our application for TARP money was denied by the Treasury Dept. We were told that we don't have a viable business model for surviving the next 90 days. At first we were upset, but after thinking it over, we were actually kind of relieved. You see, since I am the CEO of my blog and pay myself a salary of over $500,000 per year, I would have had to take a salary cut. It's kind of hard to support a family of 7 on less than $500K you know? We would probably have to cut our cable package, and gas is surely going to hit $3/gallon this summer which will make fueling up the Navigator much more expensive. So things didn't seem so bad after all. That was until we got the letter in the mail that President Obama was asking me to step down. Seems his staff had been reading my blogs and determined that a different person at the helm would be better for my blog and for this country. So effective immediately, we will not be writing our blog until I can find an acceptable replacement.
I heard Melody from the Toasted Rav may be looking for work. I'll give her a call.

No comments: