Friday, April 10, 2009

Water Experiment Update #3

Today is a special day.  I know, it's Good Friday, but it's also special for me because today marks the 100th day that I have gone without drinking a soda.  I began this "experiment" at the beginning of the year as my New Year's resolution and have continued it to this point.  In my last update I listed the restaurants that I have frequented and listed them into two categories, the Water Supporters and the Water Discriminators.  The main point of my blog today is just to exclaim that this works!  After 100 days of not drinking soda (and making no other changes to my diet), I have lost 10 pounds!  I don't even think about soda anymore.  No matter where I go, I order water or water with lemon (to be fancy) to drink with my meal.  So give it a try.  It will take a couple of weeks to break the habit of wanting soda and wanting to order a soda with your meals, but once you get used to it, it's easy.  If you go to a place with good waitresses that remember you (like CJ Muggs in Clayton), they will even bring you your water (with lemon) without asking!  And remember, "water's free man"!  You'll even save some cash on the side!


No comments: