Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reorganization

So the big news of the day (besides more Swine Flu details and Obama's 100 days in office) is that Chrysler is down to the wire in it's quest to stay alive.  It now appears that Chrysler could be headed to bankruptcy court or perhaps merge with Italian car maker Fiat.  Remember, bankruptcy does not mean "going out of business" or liquidation, it means restructuring debt and coming out stronger and healthier than before.  For details on how this can work, just look at Delta Airlines, who recently emerged from bankruptcy and after a merger with Northwest Airlines is the country's largest airline.  As a Dodge owner and longtime fan of Chrysler, I'd hate to see them go under, so let's hope Fiat and the courts can save them one more time!  Gee, I wonder what the resale value on my Durango is now?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Probably slightly better than my Pacifica which isn't even made anymore, but not better than my husband's Chrysler 300.... yep, we own two Chryslers!

Scott Wheeler said...

We had 2 also, before I sold my PT Cruiser last summer!