Friday, April 17, 2009

More on Twitter and Facebook

Since Twitter has kind of been my theme this week, let's continue with more thoughts on them since they continue to be in the news now that Oprah has set up her Twitter account @Oprah.  I was dismayed to learn that she has passed my 7 followers with her 63,000 before she even sent her first Tweet!  While Twitter still hasn't come up with a real plan for making money, they have at least gained momentum in the media by attracting more and more celebrities.  While Twitter may be growing faster than Facebook, they do not yet have the income and money in the bank ($200 million) that Facebook does.  Yesterday it was reported than Facebook is eyeing their own IPO deal and has valued themselves at $5 billion!  At least they seem to be doing things the right way and not giving themselves a black eye like United Airlines did when they announced that they would be charging obese passengers (customers) double!  Wow!  Now there's an incentive to lose weight.  I wonder if any of them would try my water experiment?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I was on twitter quite a bit 6 months or so ago, but facebook has really taken over for me....twitter is no fun for me if my friends aren't on when I am on, but facebook works no matter who is on and when.

Scott Wheeler said...

Yes, so far I am not too impressed with Twitter. Seems like it's a good way to keep in touch with celebrities and that's about it. Facebook is way better1

Jackie Tyson said...

So how IS that water experiment going? Are you still working on it? Liked your blog. Have a great day!

Scott Wheeler said...

111 days and counting, Jackie! 10 pounds lost year to date also!